Oscar Nominations, Best Actor in a Supporting Role

Hello Everyone so the Academy Awards will be happening soon and here is my review for the category of Best Actor in a Supporting role...

I have been trying to watch all the nominated movies and well there are some great films this year but also some very lame ones.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, Nominees


 Alan Arkin for Argo: Ok this is an odd one. I watched Argo and even though it is a great movie I don't see what was so special about Arkin. He is a good actor no doubt but a nomination for this ? I am confuse the same happen when he won the Oscar for Little Miss Sunshine. Everyone is like OMG he is so amazing and I am like I don't get it. Besides he doesn't even bother to change the way he speaks or perform is always the same. 5th place


Robert De Niro for Silver Linings Playbook: Wow De Niro was amazing as the hopeless father with  OCD in Silver Linings Playbook. I am so glad he is nominated. His performance wasn't particularly strong if we compare it with past works but his character was definitely eye catching. Perfect balance between funny and dramatic. I thought he handle his character brilliantly. I also think that the perfect chemistry of the whole movie cast helped the performance of each actor and actress on set. 2nd place


Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Master: Philip is always awesome. Great in Capote, Charlie Wilson War, Doubt and now as the fictitious ‘cult’ leader in The Master. I found nothing wrong with his performance. Flawless in every scene his charm was undeniable. Hands down, definitely one of the most talented actors out there. 4th place


Tommy Lee Jones for Lincoln: Totally deserved nomination for Jones. Just look at him every time he delivers a strong performance in every floor debate scene. In fact he almost steals the show that Daniel Day-Lewis is running during the whole film. As the Radical Republican Congressman Thaddeus Stevens, who fought for abolition he definitely delivers. He is always playing tough guys and he does it well. 3th place


Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained: There is something magical about Waltz and each of the character he plays. He is authentic and unique with each of the roles he performs. There is no doubt in my mind that his style is very particular. He has manage what many actors still have not achieved; his own acting style. I am a fan ! Winner

Some thoughts: Thank god Russel Crowe wasn't nominated for his awful performance in Les Miserables. Many people were disappointed because of Leonardo DiCaprio absence in this category. I particularly think he did a good job maybe more deserving than Alan Arkin but o well. Really enjoyed Jude Law in Anna Karenina, William H. Macy in The Sessions and Matthew McConaughey in Magic Mike.

Predictions: Well I would love to see De Niro or Waltz take it home because I am a great fan of their work and I think they were impeccable. However the Academy may have an eye on Tommy Lee Jones so it wouldn't be a surprise if he wins. Still Philip Seymour Hoffman charm may get the votes he needs to take home his second Academy Award and ain't nothing wrong with that.


Comments

Popular Posts