The Voice Season 8, The Live Playoffs II

The Voice is on and the second round of playoffs happened lat night... 

Team Adam and Team Christina showcased their talent and here is my review:

 

Team Adam

Tonya Boyd-Cannon "Take Me to the Pilot": I love her energy and her voice range is crazy. She looks really fun and seems to a be a hard warming person, I just love her personality. The song arrangement wasn't the best because I could barely hear her amazing power; the chorus was overwhelming. Overall great performance, good job.

Joshua Davis "Budapest": Comforting and sweet is the way I can describe his warming voice. I really like this guy because he brings the folk style to the competition. He is definitely a new proposal to this kind of competition full with pop singers. I believe he is great but it all depends on how well he connects with the American audience. I can just say I was pleased to hear him sing.

Brian Johnson "At This Moment": OMG what a grace! What a charisma, I loved him performance, his vocals were perfect and the beautiful energy he transmit is unbelievable. Awesome job ! He needs to improve a little on his stage presence but who cares this guy is the big deal.  
Nathan Hermida "Chains": Well overall very disappointing, he really needs to get out of his comfort son and just totally involve himself with the song. I dot care if Adam says that he is shy and now he is improving; I feel that this is it !! he is competing with really good singers. I am sorry but it wasn't convincing and he had lots of trouble with the big notes.

Deanna Johnson "Down to the River to Pray": Well I would agree with the judges that she blooming and opening herself but that about it. Kill me for what I am about to say but she seems boring to me. Shes does have a great voice but that it not all you need to win this kind of competition, she looked really average compare to the other contenders.
Predictions Rank:
1- Brian Johnson 18/20 (Safe)
2- Tonya Boyd-Cannon 16/20 (Safe)
3- Joshua Davis 15/20 (Third option)
4- Deanna Johnson 14/20 (up for elimination)
5- Nathan Hermida 10/20 (up for elimination)

 

Team Christina


 Sonic "I'm Going Down": Well she definitely went down with this song. She just couldn't keep up with the rhythm, I feel sorry for her the music was playing on one side and she was singing on the other; there was a total lack of alignment between her and the song. While sometimes she was pitchy, her attitude was the right one she really knows how to use the stage.


Kimberly Nichole "What's Up?": Great, awesome, perfection, amazing! What else can I say she totally nailed it. That some is awesome, she is great, the full package right there is nothing I can criticized about this beautiful woman.





Lexi Davila "All By Myself": Beautiful redemption of this song, she was incredible and at her young age this is impressive. She not only has the talent but she got the looks; I just love everything that she did on stage and you can tell there is huge potential there.





India Carney "Hurt":  Very melodramtic, I love India her power and her conviction. It was a great song choice for her, I enjoyed it a lot. However I felt that there was no element of surprise; I know she is up there with the best of the best but after watching her previous performances this was o right.




Rob Taylor "Earned It": I liked he was true to himself and we have to thank him for that. So unique and with this crazy range. There were a few pitch problems but overall very sold perfomance. He looked great and worked that stage like no other contestant. After watching him it is going to be hard to know who is going to get eliminated.




Predictions Rank: 
1- Kimberly Nichole 20/20 (Safe)
2- India Carney 17/20 (Safe)
3- Lexi Davila 17/20 (Third option)
4- Rob Taylor 16/20 (up for elimination)
5- Sonic 14/20 (up for elimination)

What do you guys think? Who should be eliminated?

Comments

Popular Posts